From Farm to Your Door: For health-smart people who crave fresh, flavorful meals, we deliver right to your doorstep.More Info
Are You Ready to Celebrate Fresh Food and Fitness?
The Asheville Track Club presents the Farm 2 Table 5K - Farmers Market & Family Festival. This event aims to educate the community about of the benefits of combining healthy foods, sourced through local farmers, with fitness and fun. Located in Fletcher Community Park, the event will be an evening for runners as well as families. Come out, learn about local farmers markets, listen to live music, play at the festival and participate in a fitness event. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Asheville Track Club programs as well as FEAST (Fresh, Easy, Affordable, Sustainable, and Tasty) of Asheville whose mission it is to promote healthy eating choices and make them accessible to people of all income levels through hands on cooking classes that encourage and empower participants by teaching skills needed to make fresh, wholesome and tasty food.
Sponsors - Presenting sponsor
Asheville Track Club members receive a $3 and members of the ATC Beginning Runners Program receive a $5 discount towards registration. If you haven’t received the discount code, please contact the ATC prior to registration. Discounts will not be honored AFTER registration.
|Adult 5k: $23|
|Youth 5k: $20|
|Mile Fun Run: $10|
|Firefly Dash: $10|
|Adult 5k: $25|
|Youth 5k: $20|
|Mile Fun Run: $10|
|Firefly Dash: $10|
|Adult 5k: $30|
|Youth 5k: $25|
|Mile Fun Run: $12|
|Firefly Dash: $12|
Email Alerts and Race InformationImportant race information (cancellations, course changes, etc) and special announcements will be emailed to all participants and those interested as well as posted on the race web site periodically. If you are not already on our list, please sign up for these alerts with the following form:
ParkingThere are 404 parking spots available at Fletcher Community Park which should be plenty. However, if you have an opportunity to carpool, please do.
5K Start Time and CourseThe Farm 2 Table 5K begins at 6:00 p.m. in a grassy field near the east parking lot.
- The Farm2Table 5k is a mixed surface course that begins in a grassy field and is flat, flat, flat. Starting and finishing line are the same.
- Runners run toward the back side of the park and take a left as they reach the white gravel trail.
- Runners will follow the gravel trail around the back part of the park until they reach the paved path that runs around the soccer field.
- Run past the soccer field and baseball fileds in a counter clockwise direction.
- Runners will then cross the roadway near the entrance of the park to the Cane Creek Greenway trail and turn left and run parallel to the park. Continue beyond the bridge that runs parallel to the river.
- The terrain is gravel and concrete throughout this portion of the race. Stay to the right and throughout.
- Runners will exit the trail and cross over to the field and turn down the upper field that runs along the parking lot and towards the finishing line.
Course MapPlease check out the link to our: Course Map
Kids Mile Fun Run and Firefly Dash Start Time and CourseThe Kids Mile Fun Run and Firefly Dash will start about 7:00 p.m. The Mile Fun Run is limited to children 12 and under while the Firefly Dash is limited to children 6 and under (although parents can run alongside for free, of course!) Exact course has yet to be laid out.
Packet Pickup, On-site Registration and Festival StartOnsite registration for all races and pickup of your 5K race packet, which will include your t-shirt and timing race bib (and any other swag we might have) begins at 4:30 p.m. in Fletcher Park. Coincidentally, this is when the festival and farmers market begins as well! Come and enjoy some music and check out the farmers market while picking up your race bib.
ShirtsCool shirts! We promise!
Water StationsThere will be two water stations on the 5K course
Directions to Fletcher Park - 85 Howard Gap Rd., Fletcher, NC 28732Please use the following link to Google Maps and enter your starting address. Click Get Directions to begin viewing your custom directions immediately. View Directions to Fletcher Community Park.However, if that doesn't suit you, Howard Gap Rd is off of Hendersonville Rd about 4.5 miles SOUTH of Long Shoals Rd.
Awards and Award Ceremony
- 5K: Prizes will be awarded to the top three male and female overall finishers and to the first male and female in the Masters Division (40+). Awards will go to the top three finishers in each of the following age divisions: 14&U; 15-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; 80-84; 85 and over. Overall placers not eligible for age group awards. The 5K Awards will begin at 7:30 p.m.
- Mile Fun Run: The top three boys and top three girls will each receive a special award. In addition, every child gets a shirt and a ribbon! Kids awards will be given out immediately after the race is complete.
- Firefly Dash: Every child gets a shirt and a ribbon! The Firefly Dash is limited to children 6 and under and parents are strongly encouraged to stay by their child's side the whole dash. The awards will be given out immediately after the dash is complete.
First Aid and ToiletsFirst aid will be available in the festival area. Portable toilets will be available at the end of the east parking lot, adjacent to the start line.
Medical CareIf you experience a medical problem on the course, contact the nearest race volunteer or police officer at either an intersection or water station. We are working towards having EMS on location.
The family festival will include music, water fun (so bring a towel), games, and food-centered activities hosted by FEAST (Fresh, Easy, Affordable, Sustainable, and Tasty) of Asheville. In addition to the farmers market, there will be several Farm to Table food trucks onsite for runners and families to enjoy a tasty dinner. More info to come as we flesh out the Festival!
The farmers market will be offering a bounty of locally produced foods by a dozen or so hand-picked vendors, including:
In addition to the farmers market, there will be several Farm to Table food trucks onsite for runners and families to enjoy a tasty dinner. The following wonderful and local Food Trucks have already confirmed!
Fresh, local, organic (when possible)and made with love, these are our ingredients! Authentic Lebanese street food on wheels serving the Asheville area. Probably the best falafel in the world!More Info
Roaming in the Raw is a Gourmet Raw Food Truck featuring Organic Juices, Smoothies, Raw Foods and Desserts. We drive to several small, local farms and farmers markets each week so we can support small farmers and provide the highest quality, lowest footprint food available!More Info
The 38th running of the Thomas Wolfe 8k winds through beautiful downtown Asheville, passing into the Historic Montford District, the Reed Creek Greenway, and Riverside Cemetery, before finishing in front of Thomas Wolfe Memorial House at 52 N. Market St.More Info
A race doesn't happen by itself. It takes loads of dedicated people, working hard behind the scenes, to get hundreds of runners from the starting line to the finish line. Without the support of race volunteers and local public safety professionals, such as emergency medical technicians and police officers, this race will not happen. That being said, WE NEED VOLUNTEERS for the Farm2Table 5K.
Who is a volunteer? Anyone who wants to share in a unique race experience. You might not be a runner but love to watch races. You might be a runner who wants to support our local races so that they can keep on coming back every year. You might be the parent or spouse of someone who is running. Plus volunteering can be loads of fun!!!